What is the most effective way to reach your customers and clients? It’s through video.
But do you avoid making video content even when you know you should?
Leveraging videos can help get you be seen and heard to grow your business. However, a lot of people avoid making videos because they don’t feel comfortable with the tech or don’t feel confident in front of the camera.
In this episode, we are joined by the video magician himself, Julian Mather. We deep dive into a chat about using video to get in front of your ideal clients, build unforgettable connections, overcome our nervousness when it comes to talking in front of the camera, and do all of these with only your smartphone and affordable online softwares.
Have you leveraged the power of video yet?
- Computational power of smartphones (4:45)
- Multimedia studio in your pocket (5:22)
- Humans don’t like change (7:02)
- Not having enough confidence to be in front of the camera (8:20)
- Don’t apologize to anyone for helping your customer (9:55)
- 95% of the videos you will make are simple ones (10:15)
- Focusing on your customer instead of focusing on you (12:00)
- Investing time in scripting videos (12:33)
- Confused people don’t buy (13:22)
- Script is your step-by-step guide for editing (14:13)
- Basic editing (16:30)
- Bait and switch (17:05)
- Trust and reputation are valuable online (18:10)
- Asking the right question at the beginning of your video (19:02)
- The vanilla problem (19:30)
- The power of being you (20:30)
- Trusting people more than trusting brands (20:50)
- The importance of human to human connection (21:23)
- Focusing on the message and connection rather than perfection (22:19)
- Tips on making good videos (23:40)
- The problem is not technology (31:19)
- Changing our mindset around creating videos (32:50)
- Switch nervous with service (33:20)
About Julian Mather
Julian Mather has seen the world through many lenses. Through a telescopic sight as an army sniper. Through the TV lens as a globe-trotting videographer for ABCTV, National Geographic and BBC. Through smoke and mirrors as a professional magician.
He’s traveled far but his longest journeys have been from behind the camera to in front of it. From stutterer to professional speaker.From to polite dip eater to insatiable hummus addict. Now the Video Magician, he shows you that smartphone video ‘works like magic’ to get customers to trust you, want to buy from you and never want to leave you.