Would you like to have more control over your money? Would you like to retire early or have financial independence?
Money is a resource to be used wisely and it isn’t about having X amount of dollars in the bank, but doing the best you can with what you have.
In this episode, we learn more about ways to reach financial independence and how to have more freedom, as we speak with Lacey Filipich, a finance expert, Founder of Money School and Maker Kids Club. Lacey started her entrepreneurial journey with a hair wrap stall at 10 years old. Today, she is the co-founder and director of two successful education businesses.
Mastering money means you reclaim your time and that you become ‘time rich’. It gives you the final say in how you spend the seconds, minutes, hours and days that make up your life.
If you want insights on the path towards financial independence, join me in this episode of Business Chat.
- More about our guest speaker (1:29)
- Compounding (4:57)
- Money as a resource to be used wisely (5:50)
- Good money habits (9:28)
- Automation of money (10:07)
- Inflation (11:25)
- Debt and shares (15:06)
- FIRE: Financially independent, retire early (15:45)
- Choose what you do with your time and energy (16:33)
- The simplicity of money (20:33)
- It’s never too late to invest (23:35)
- Own your own home (26:50)
- Practical ways to save more money (31:00)
- Practice negotiating (32:45)
About Lacey Filipich
Lacey Filipich graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering. When she was a second year student she bought her first property at 19 years old. She continued investing throughout her 20’s adding shares and more properties to her portfolio, to reach financial independence in her early 30’s.
She is the co-founder of Money School which began in 2010 to help adults build financial capability and Maker Kids Club in 2017 to teach kids money skills through enterprise.