There is no organisation that is bulletproof from crisis and incidents. But, these challenges present opportunities for growth and innovation. The systems that are put in place today will help companies emerge even stronger.
In today’s episode, we get to chat with the director of Emergency Preparedness Services (EPS), Dave Greenberg, AKA “Rescue Dave”. He shares how a team with a TRUST Culture can be more cohesive and effective. It is essential to have trust in your team, in the resources, in the systems, in your team’s technical ability, and trust in yourself.
By strengthening your culture of TRUST, not only can you build a solid team but also help you prepare for any crisis your organisation may face.
- Dave’s journey in emergency services (3:20)
- The mindset to have in an emergency (10:50)
- Don’t let the adrenaline take over (12:20)
- Understanding what your people are going through (14:55)
- The strong bond of the emergency services team (16:07)
- The end of Dave’s corporate career (16:40)
- Soft skills that make up a great emergency team (26:15)
- TRUST: Team, Resources, U – Yourself, Systems, Technical Ability (26:44)
- Leaving a legacy (33:10)
- Emergency Response: Life, Death, and Helicopters by Dave Greenberg
- 48 Hours (Dan Rathers)
- The E Myth: Why Most Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It
Garth Brooks, The River
“You know a dream is like a river
Ever changin’ as it flows
And a dreamer’s just a vessel
That must follow where it goes”
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
About Dave Greenberg
Dave Greenberg, AKA “Rescue Dave” is the Director of Emergency Preparedness Services, an Emergency Management consulting firm that he formed in the early 90s. EPS offers emergency training and consulting services to the corporate and government sector. He is part of the Covid-19 response team which has seen New Zealand’s response be recognised as one of the best in the world.
Aside from his business, Dave also began using his wealth of knowledge and experience to grow his professional speaking career with topics on Creating a Response Culture and Trust.