Getting the Most Out of LinkedIn for Leaders
LinkedIn has become the number one professional networking platform. It’s no wonder that business owners turn to LinkedIn to create more exposure and engagement with their target audience.
In this episode, I chat with Nathanial Bibby who has been on LinkedIn for 10 years. Nathanial shares how leaders can get the most out of LinkedIn for their business success.
He shares effective ways on how leaders can deliver value by maximizing what LinkedIn has to offer. Surprising as it may sound, leaders should not aim to go viral with every content they post.
One of the things that leaders should focus on is checking they have a quality network on their LinkedIn profile. This should consist of people they consider as ideal clients.
The second thing that leaders should consider is putting out content that greatly resonates with their audience. They should be mindful of people’s time and make sure that their content is delivering either education, information, inspiration, entertainment, or all combined.
Furthermore, Nathanial mentioned leaders should get rid of the “it’s all about me” mentality. Instead of talking about how great your business is, discuss your clients’ successes or how people made their way to success.
LinkedIn itself will not be able to boost your business to success, you have to think of ways to get engagement with people. As Nathanial suggested, you have to implement simple strategies that encourage engagement. An example of this is posting polls that don’t take too much time to read and analyze.
If your posts are constantly getting a good number of engagement, in return, LinkedIn helps you get more exposure. Also, if you’re getting a lot of conversations in the inbox, it’s helping your content to get more noticed.
When entrepreneurs know how to take advantage of how LinkedIn can help their business, they are laying the first stone for their business success.
- Nathanial’s journey into a marketing career (02:18)
- How can leaders add value on LinkedIn (07:07)
- The best ways to craft customized invitations (10:32)
- The difference between Free vs Paid LinkedIn Accounts (17:08)
- What is the best method for content marketing? (21:40)
- How does Nathanial help his clients? (25:55)
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth About Extraordinary Results
- Related Episode – 017: How To Connect With Anyone Anywhere With Kerrie Phipps
- Related Episode – 018: Connecting With Strategy With Leanne Isaacson
- Related Episode – 030: Relationships are the Key to Successful Business with Lindsay Adams
- “Proximity is power.” -Tony Robbins
- “One of the most important things you can do to be successful is to surround yourself with people who have already achieved what you want to do.” -Nathanial Bibby
- “If you do want to help people in a certain industry, the chances are they will have a problem that you’re solving. But a lot of people think about the service that they’re selling rather than the problems they are solving.” – Nathanial Bibby
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Lisa offers a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to find out if you are a good fit to work together.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Connect With Nathanial Bibby
Connect with Nathanial on LinkedIn
Connect with Nathanial on Twitter
Grow Your Sales and Influence Through the Power of LinkedIn
Discount code for 15% off is GET15OFF –nathanialbibby.com/shop/linked-insider/
About Nathanial Bibby
Nathanial is one of Australia’s leading social media marketing influencers and LinkedIn Specialists.
He is also the Managing Director of Bibby Consulting Group which is Australia’s pioneer marketing agency to specialize in LinkedIn training and marketing services.
In a year, Nathanial gives out 30 keynote speeches to various business industries. His clients consist of various organizations and associations including Apple, Western Union, Choice Hotels, The CEO Institute, and The Capital group.
His usual topics are LinkedIn for business, social media, entrepreneurship, and digital marketing.