Awesome Lessons From Podcasting
Time indeed flies fast when you are having fun. This is the perfect description of how Lisa feels about her podcast journey.
In this mini-episode, Lisa shares the awesome lessons from podcasting that she gained from the time she started the Business Chat podcast.
She mentions that podcasting has given her the ability to learn new things and meet people across the globe. Through her learnings, she can share valuable resources with her clients.
Although podcasting is a fun avenue for Lisa to get value from her guests, this never undermined the fact that it was still hard work. Podcasting requires having the right systems and processes in place and for the wrong person, this may feel like a chore.
There will come a time when podcasting will feel like too much work and the efforts outweigh the benefits. Having a supportive podcast tribe or community is key to continuing enjoying podcasting.
Another thing that Lisa emphasised is why the metrics are not as significant as the connections and creating valuable content. For any person who wants to start their podcast journey, there will be days when the numbers are low, but keep going because it’s going to be worth it.
Furthermore, Lisa shares the significance of choosing guests wisely. She’s always grateful when guests with valuable insights and topics to share say yes to be on the Business Chat podcast.
Overall, Lisa learned the value of never giving up and constantly uploading exceptional podcast episodes. Doing so, allows her to share valuable content that generates a positive impact on listeners from all over the world.
- Awesome things about podcasting (01:32)
- Learning new things (01:40)
- Having the ability to meet people from different parts of the world (02:22)
- Being able to share various resources (02:55)
- Lisa never realized the hard work that comes with podcasting (03:17)
- The metrics are not as important as connections and valuable content (03:33)
- Advantages of being in a podcast community (04:02)
- Podcasting gave rise to more speaking and business opportunities (04:12)
- “What I didn’t realise before I started podcasting is it is hard work. It requires really good systems and processes to keep it as streamlined as possible. Because at the end of the day, it has to be fun.” -Lisa Evans
- “The metrics are nowhere near as important as the connections and creating valuable content.” -Lisa Evans
- “There are times when it feels like the amount of effort outweighs the benefits, but keep going because podcasting is definitely worth it.” -Lisa
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Lisa offers a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to find out if you are a good fit to work together.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
About Lisa Evans
Lisa is a Certified World Class Speaking and Storytelling Coach, the Director of Speaking Savvy, and the Soft Skills Academy.
Throughout her journey in life, she never would have thought that she would become an in-demand, international speaker or even a top-notch business storytelling coach and yet, this is what Lisa is today.
She offers a range of public speaking courses and training that interested individuals can access online or delivered face to face.
Lisa helps people get comfortable with the uncomfortable, so they can clearly and confidently articulate their ideas. With her courses, people become more credible in the boardroom and craft their winning pitch to succeed.