First Impressions for Online Meetings
In the past two years we’ve spent so much time in front of our screens attending events, or meetings.
In this episode, I speak with the wonderful Warwick Merry. He is a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) and Certified Virtual Presenter (CVP). Warwick shares how we can create the best first impression for online meetings and presentations.
For Warwick, creating the best impressions start with what he calls The Holy Trinity which consists of lighting, composition, and sound. You don’t have to spend a lot of money, you can just work with what you have.
When you have good lighting, you can stand out instead of blending in with the background, and sound great, you’ve already done the first part – getting everyone’s attention.
As the world is changing, we should also adapt instead of sticking to our old, irrelevant ways of doing things. Warwick’s practical yet valuable tips will show you how to keep your audience energetic and happy regardless of the modality you use.
- His journey of switching careers from IT to professional speaking (04:03)
- Warwick’s speaking topics after 1999 (07:25)
- How he became the recipient of the Global Outstanding Entrepreneur’s Award (09:42)
- The Holy Trinity – what is it and how it helps professional speakers (13:52)
- The best time to outsource a production/ event team (23:03)
- What do speakers need to consider when dealing with hybrid events? (25:08)
- Warwick’s go-to tools for professional speaking (32:15)
- 7 Keys to an Online Presenter Pro
- 003: The Power Of Video For Your Business With Julian Mather
- 025: The Ideal Facilitation Space with Leanne Hughes
- 039: Facilitation Tips with Lisa Evans
- “Life is empty and meaningless therefore it’s up to us to put meaning to it.” -Warwick Merry
- “Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards.” -Søren Kierkegaard
- “People will put up with dodgy looks and lighting, but they will not put up with dodgy sound. So make sure your sound works.” Warwick Merry
- “What you’re doing might be okay, but it’s only going to be okay for so long. You need to get better.” -Warwick Merry
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Lisa offers a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to find out if you are a good fit to work together.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
About Warwick Merry
Warwick Merry is a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), Certified Virtual Presenter (CVP), and the Past National President of Professional Speakers Australia.
He is also considered the host with the most that guides the success of any events, award ceremonies, or conferences. Warwick coordinates the technology and helps structure the overall event so that it creates the best impact on the audience.
Warwick is committed to giving prime presentations that keep the audience engaged, energetic, and entertained. He does this by exhibiting a dash of humor, grace, and soaring energy.