Leading Is A Journey Of Mastery
Many people see leading as a role they undertake at work only. Yet when we study the great leaders around us, it’s clear that leading is a journey of mastery underpinned by connection and clarity.
In this episode of the Business Chat Podcast, I share a conversation with Ashraf Dashlooty. He’s a consultant, coach, mentor, and master facilitator who’s been helping leaders with their journey to success.
Ash shares the key underlying principles that drive people and key levers that craft a leadership journey. People are essentially driven by connection and their desire to seek clarity.
When leaders embrace and empower these principles, they motivate teams to do their best and uncover their genuine role and purpose.
Leadership is indeed a journey of mastery of the self and others. Great leaders never stop learning and developing themselves, so they continuously create the best impact on the people and community they serve and connect with.
- Ashraf’s leadership journey (04:12)
- The underlying principles that drive people (10:03)
- The changes in human connection over the years (11:42)
- How leaders can build connection and trust (14:42)
- The key levers to craft a leadership journey (20:12)
- Tools for leaders to develop their craft (24:05)
- Practical tips for people to hone their leadership (29:45)
- Man’s Search for Meaning
- Ep 116 Lisa Evans, CSP MBA, Speaking Savvy for Today’s Leaders
- 001: The Four-Step Possibility System With Rob Hartnett
- The Power of Vulnerability: Teachings of Authenticity, Connection, and Courage
- Related Episode 027 – Understand Self, Understand Others With Ian Crawford
- “Strive to make a difference in every moment.” -Ashraf Dashlooty
- “People are driven by a need for connection and a desire to seek clarity.” -Ashraf Dashlooty
- “Nothing great can be achieved on our own, we need support around us.” -Ashraf Dashlooty
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Lisa offers a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to find out if you are a good fit to work together.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Book a complimentary mini coaching session with Lisa here.
About Ashraf Dashlooty
Ash is a Consultant, Coach, Mentor, and Master Facilitator who’s been helping leaders achieve success, craft high-performing teams, and create high-performing cultures.
He has 25 years of experience in leadership development and consulting with a strong focus on delivery that drives positive change, and working with leaders across 4 key domains.
Ash has been fortunate enough to have worked with leaders, teams, and organisations across a diverse range of industries, helping them to navigate their journey to being better leaders and leading better teams.