Navigating Conversations in Business
In this episode of the Business Chat Podcast, I speak with Nigel Collin, a Certified Professional Speaker (CSP), author, and founder of the Ingenious Oz Project. Nigel talks about a topic every leader or business owner should know – how to have better business conversations.
Communicating is often overlooked since everybody can do it, but an effective conversation creates a significant impact in business. Powerful conversations help build trust and form stronger relationships.
When organisations allow genuine two-way conversations to happen, they discover opportunities for success they never thought were possible.
- Nigel’s journey to becoming a speaker (00:57)
- Have we lost the art of conversation? (04:27)
- Real business conversations we need to have (07:20)
- Why we need to get better at asking good questions (09:30)
- How to gently back away from conversations (12:18)
- Setting difficult conversations to success (13:49)
- How to guarantee that everyone has a voice in conversations (17:32)
- The Tao of Pooh (Winnie-the-Pooh)
- 036: Business Conversations That Matter with Andrea Newton
- Fierce Conversations: Achieving Success at Work and in Life One Conversation at a Time
- 030: Relationships are the Key to Successful Business with Lindsay Adams
- 017: How To Connect With Anyone Anywhere With Kerrie Phipps
- “If you want muddy water to clear, you have to let it sit.” -Nigel Collin
- “Online presenting has made us more real.” -Nigel Collin
- “We need to get better at asking good questions.” -Nigel Collin
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Lisa offers a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to find out if you are a good fit to work together.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Book a complimentary mini coaching session with Lisa here.
About Nigel Collin
Nigel Collin has a passion for helping leaders engage their teams in making change happen. He does this through a methodology and mindset of consistent small steps, delivered through speaking at conferences, facilitated strategy sessions, workshops, and working with leaders one-on-one.
As founder of ‘Ingenious Oz Project’ and author of ‘Game of Inches’, Nigel has interviewed 100’s of ingenious and successful leaders and individuals and shares their wisdom, mindset, and actions.