Profitability Making a Better World
There has been a major shift in business expectations from consumers who call for brands to be socially and environmentally responsible. People are not just blindly buying products and services, but often make the effort to research how businesses treat their employees, if they have environmental programs, or how they create a positive impact on their community.
In this episode, I speak with Michael, founder of ToBe Advisory. He believes that businesses can make a difference if they focus on profitability, sustainability and impact.
Michael shares the best ways to impart a genuinely positive impact and how he helps companies address social and environmental challenges, so they can be the difference they want to see in the world.
- Michael’s entrepreneurial journey (00:32)
- Shared value – what is it and its impact (02:07)
- How to genuinely demonstrate a positive impact (07:13)
- Aligning individual purpose to make the world better (12:18)
- The B-corp certification journey (13:44)
- Tips for businesses that want to make a difference (21:15)
- Zen Wisdom for the Anxious: Simple Advice from a Zen Buddhist Monk
- Burn The Business Plan: What Great Entrepreneurs Really Do
- 016: Connecting Profit With Purpose With Phil Preston
- B Corp
- “It doesn’t matter where you are in your career, you can drive positive change and be successful.” -Michael Watts
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Lisa offers a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to find out if you are a good fit to work together.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
About Michael Watts
Michael believes business has a key role to play in addressing social and environmental challenges that exist in our world, and that doing so is not just something good businesses do: it’s good for business. He is the Founder of ToBe Advisory, through which he helps businesses to profitably make the world a better place.