LinkedIn for High Value Connections
If you’re someone who likes to start a conversation and yearns for connection, you will reap rewards and opportunities on LinkedIn. However, the challenge with this platform is not to come off as spammy or annoying and to utilise LinkedIn for high value connections.
In this episode, I chat with Adam Franklin, a LinkedIn expert, best-selling author, and CEO of Bluewire Media. He believes that LinkedIn is a great platform to look for the people you want to build and nurture relationships with; ideal clients and partners are there.
Leaders who commit to being visible and creating remarkable content on LinkedIn, attract the right talent into their organisation or team. They also position themselves as the authority in their field and develop the know-like-trust factor that is essential for high value connections.
- Adam’s entrepreneurial journey (01:57)
- What was Adam doing before starting his business (05:03)
- The clients he typically serves (06:00)
- Why do people need to be on LinkedIn? (10:23)
- How do we project as experts on LinkedIn without being spammy? (13:38)
- How LinkedIn creates a more significant impact for an organisation leader? (22:55)
- The must-have features of a LinkedIn profile (25:05)
- Web Marketing That Works: Confessions from the Marketing Trenches
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Content Marketing, Podcasting, Social Media, AI, Live Video, and Newsjacking to Reach Buyers Directly 8th Edition
- Influence, New and Expanded: The Psychology of Persuasion
- Related episode: 068: Your Personal Brand With Jennifer Holloway
- “A blunt pencil is better than a sharp memory.” -Adam Franklin
- “The main mistake people make is they treat LinkedIn more like a resume than a profile.” -Adam Franklin
- “Never underestimate how many people are paying attention.” -Adam Franklin
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Lisa offers a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to find out if you are a good fit to work together.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Connect With Adam Franklin
About Adam Franklin
Adam Franklin is the bestselling author of Web Marketing That Works.
He is an international social media speaker and CEO of Bluewire Media. His blog was Australia’s #1 Business Blog and his podcast was #9 on the top marketing podcasts in Entrepreneur magazine.
His work has been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur, The Australian, Sydney Morning Herald, Huffington Post, and iTunes.
Adam co-created the free Web Strategy Planning Template which has been seen by hundreds of thousands of marketers worldwide, and his weekly ‘Bluewire News’ email goes out to over 32,000 readers.