Future Fit Leaders
My guest on this Soft Skills for Leaders Podcast episode is Gihan Perera.
Gihan Perera is a futurist, conference speaker, online presenter, and author who shows people how to be fit for the future in a fast-changing world.
For more than 25 years, he has worked with organisations and leaders throughout Australia, as well as in New Zealand, South Africa, the United Kingdom, Europe, Asia, and North America – helping them to thrive in a fast-changing world. He runs masterclasses and coaching programs to help leaders become future fit.
He is the author of Disrupted, Disruption By Design, The Future of Leadership, and ten other books.
We chat about the essential topic of how leaders can lead in today’s workplace and be ready for the uncertainty of the future. Leaders can adapt by bringing the best from the past and to the future and learning new ways of working and leading. Future fit leaders are the leaders we need to the work of today.
What do future fit leaders do differently?
- The meaning of being fit for the future.
- The challenges leaders face post-pandemic, in the period of crisis management and growth.
- The similarities between disruption and innovation.
- The five key differences between teams that are aligned with the past with those that are fit for the future.
- The best workplaces on earth and what the Harvard study showed us.
- The payoff to diversity and how we need diverse thinking to solve the world’s problems.
- The ageing workforce and the value of younger and older people working together.
- Engagement vs meaning and how an organisation may have a purpose aligned with people’s values to optimise engagement.
- Leadership in the age of Artificial Intelligence and how AI can help by accelerating the experience curve.
- Automation of jobs and the skills of the future.
- The two questions that Gihan is most asked when he speaks at conferences.
- The importance of receiving feedback.
Links to other soft skills for leaders podcast episodes
Connect with Gihan Perera
Connect With Lisa Evans
Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Book a complimentary 30-minute session to find out if we are a good fit to work together.
Book a complimentary mini-coaching session with Lisa here.
If you are based in Australia, you may be interested in hosting a facilitated storytelling for leader’s workshop. I have delivered these workshops to groups worldwide, both in-person and online. There is a format to suit every group, from two hours to two days. Click the button below, to find out how you can get ahead in your communication using the power of storytelling.
Lisa Evans helps professionals to craft compelling business stories and become exceptional speakers. Lisa is a certified speaker coach, TEDx speaker coach, four times author, NLP practitioner, graphic recorder and visual storyteller, improvisational actor, and host of the Soft Skills for Leaders podcast.
She has coached thousands of leaders across a range of industries, including resources, banking, finance, engineering, retail and sales as well as not-for-profit and community associations.
If you wish to take advantage of a complimentary session in order to chat about how you can become an exceptional and successful speaker with a stand-out brand, then use this link to book a time to chat. Download my e-book – How to Build Confidence and Overcome Nervousness.