Building a Culture of Resilience
My guest on this Soft Skills for Leaders Podcast episode is Dr Lynda Folan.
She is the author of the book Leader Resilience: The New Frontier of Leadership (2021).
Lynda is an Organisational Psychologist with 35 years experience of working with global organisations. Lynda helps leaders build a culture of resilience, and is highly regarded in her ability to deliver successful cultural change.
Resilience to navigate a toxic culture of bullying
- The early days of shaping a career
- The most significant changes in the area of OD over the decades
- Tougher for leaders post-COVID with change in work
- Organisations and leaders are more agile
- Mental health issues post-COVID has a huge impact
- Shifting thinking the first step to building a culture of resilience
- A psychologically safe environment
- Recent Legislation Work Safety and Health Act 2020
- Psychological disconnect due to toxicity and bullying
- What are the signs of bullying and how is it defined?
- Covert bullying behaviour is commonplace and hard to deal with
- The rise of narcissism in society
- First steps in tackling undesirable behaviour
- What we need to talk about.
Links to other Soft Skills for Leaders podcast episodes relevant to the topic
Connect with Dr Lynda Folan
Connect With Lisa Evans
Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Book a complimentary 30-minute session to find out if we are a good fit to work together.
Book a complimentary mini-coaching session with Lisa here.
If you are based in Australia, you may be interested in hosting a facilitated storytelling for leader’s workshop. I have delivered these workshops to groups worldwide, both in-person and online. There is a format to suit every group, from two hours to two days. Click the button below, to find out how you can get ahead in your communication using the power of storytelling.
Lisa Evans helps professionals to craft compelling business stories and become exceptional speakers. Lisa is a certified speaker coach, TEDx speaker coach, four times author, NLP practitioner, graphic recorder and visual storyteller, improvisational actor, and host of the Soft Skills for Leaders podcast.
She has coached thousands of leaders across a range of industries, including resources, banking, finance, engineering, retail and sales as well as not-for-profit and community associations.
If you wish to take advantage of a complimentary session in order to chat about how you can become an exceptional and successful speaker with a stand-out brand, then use this link to book a time to chat. Download my e-book – How to Build Confidence and Overcome Nervousness.