Numbers are the language of improvement in your business.
Understanding the numbers around your business is essential for success. It helps you make good business choices. However, knowing your way around numbers isn’t something that everyone can easily grasp.
In today’s episode, we chat with chartered accountant and chartered tax advisor, Michelle Maynard. If you are looking to understand your business numbers in a simplified way, this episode is for you. Let’s dive in.
- Common misconception of accountancy (3:56)
- What is the biggest struggle of entrepreneurs with their business numbers? (7:20)
- Understanding your assets and liabilities (11:20)
- Business numbers we need to look at (12:58)
- Factors to consider when pricing your products and services (16:50)
- Valuing yourself as a business owner (20:26)
- When is a good time to have an accountant for your business? (21:19)
- Chillpreneur by Denise Duffield-Thomas
- “Say yes, then learn how to do it later.” – Richard Branson
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
About Michelle Maynard
Michelle is a chartered accountant, chartered tax advisor, and partner at Carbon Group. She is a Channel 9 and 6PR Finance Expert, a media commentator and recipient of the 40 under 40 Award in 2020. Her vast suite of services covers tax accounting, planning and estimates, cloud integration, payroll, and SMSF.
Michelle has worked in public practice since the age of 20. Three years ago, she ventured into the world as a business owner, aiming to work with as many small businesses as possible.