Even in our interconnected world, there is still a massive disconnect between human beings.
We are connected online but not really making genuine relationships. Humans are born for connection, so when we focus on how to genuinely converse with others and step past the fears, we get to experience the joy of making authentic relationships.
In this episode, we chat with super connector, leadership coach, and author, Kerrie Phipps. She shares with us tips to create genuine connections, start conversations with others, and the art of connection.
Your world and perspective expands with every new person you connect with.
- Talking to strangers (2:05)
- Empathy for others (3:50)
- Reasons why it’s important to connect with strangers (5:29)
- How to approach a stranger (11:25)
- How to know when there’s no authentic connection (17:30)
- What humanity needs right now (25:47)
- Do Talk to Strangers
- The War for Kindness by Jamil Zaki
- Presence by Amy Cuddy
- How to Talk to Strangers: To Decrease Anxiety, to Build Confidence, and Make a Difference in the World by Kerrie Phipps
- Better Business. Better Life. Better World. The Movement.
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Lisa offers a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to find out if you are a good fit to work together.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
About Kerrie Phipps
Kerrie Phipps is an engaging international speaker and facilitator, leadership coach and author of several books including DO Talk To Strangers – How To Connect With Anyone, Anywhere.
Kerrie is on a mission to inspire a more connected, compassionate and collaborative world.