In today’s society, extroverts are often glamourised, opposed to introverts who received less attention. While it sometimes feels like the business world was built for extroverts, owning your introversion will help you flourish personally and professionally.
Introverts are often classed as being shy, quiet, and even snobs. This stereotype has lingered for many years and hasn’t helped encourage introverts to really shine in business.
In this episode, I speak with Jo Rawbone, on how being quiet is a superpower. She shares with us her experience as an introvert in business, the different types of introverts, and how companies can promote neurodiversity inclusiveness in the workplace.
Owning your introversion and being unapologetically you will help not only you but other introverts thrive in a noisy world of extroverts.
- Common misconceptions about introverts (9:00)
- Six types of introverts (11:34)
- Knowing yourself (15:40)
- Owning your introversion (21:40)
- Inclusiveness in the workplace (22:45)
- Flourishing is a journey (30:50)
- Business Chat Episode 002 – Quietly Powerful Leadership With Megumi Miki
- Business Chat Episode 011: Marketing the Gentle Way with Sarah Santacroce
- Carl Jung’s Theory of Introvert and Extrovert Personalities
- Downloadable Brilliant Battery Boosters
- Watertight Marketing by Bryony Thomas
- Done is better than perfect.
- Purpose plus passion trumps fear.
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Lisa offers a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to find out if you are a good fit to work together.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
About Joanna Rawbone
Joanna Rawbone, is the founder of Flourishing Introverts. She is an ‘Open Introvert’, with a professional training, coaching & facilitation business and has been working with corporate clients from around the globe for over 25 years.