Storytelling is one of the most beautiful parts of the human experience.
This is a bonus episode where I am being interviewed on a podcast called Connect with Confidence by Kerrie Phipps.
I realise that since I have begun my podcast journey I have not shared much about my own journey.
In this episode you will hear about how I started over and left my 20+ year career as a midwife and embarked on a professional speaking career, and now teach others to improve their public speaking and storytelling.
In losing my hearing, I discovered my voice. I then made it my mission to empower others to find and share their own.
- Processing our experiences through storytelling (3:10)
- How I specialised in storytelling for business (4:20)
- Your signature story (11:00)
- The best stories are ordinary stories by ordinary people (12:00)
- The key to effective storytelling (13:31)
- Vulnerability vs oversharing (19:30)
- Pay it forward story (29:30)
- Connect with Confidence Podcast by Kerrie Phipps
- Free Story Strategy Call with Lisa
- “You never want to come across as special. You want to come across as similar.” Craig Valentine
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Lisa offers a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to find out if you are a good fit to work together.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn