There are so many benefits to reading books. But let’s face it, we don’t always have reading at the top of our priorities.
However, if you’re one of countless people who don’t make a habit of reading regularly, you might be missing out.
In this episode of the Business Chat Podcast, I speak with Jeff Brown. He is the host of the Read To Lead podcast, a mentor, and a public speaker. His newly released book Read To Lead is now available. Jeff shares with us the power of reading and how to practice intentional reading in order to add it to your daily routine.
- Jeff’s background in broadcasting (3:25)
- The power of reading (8:00)
- How to practice intentional reading (10:30)
- Speed reading and skimming (17:05)
- Reading multiple books at the same time (23:15)
- Having a reading space and the right reading tools (25:13)
- When you start reading a book, always have your next book in the queue.
- Start with topics you’re fascinated by and allow that to drive the books you select.
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Lisa offers a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to find out if you are a good fit to work together.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
About Jeff Brown
Jeff Brown is the host of the Read to Lead Podcast, a mentor, and public speaker.
Before beginning the Read to Lead Podcast, he spent 26 years in the radio and music industries. In 2014, he then began leveraging his radio background to coach several podcasters and business owners.
He helps his clients bridge the gap between intention and implementation in order to create, launch, grow, and monetise their shows.
More than anything else, Jeff loves helping his clients realise their full potential which he does through his public speaking, mentorship groups, and online courses.