As business owners, we think a lot about how to start, grow, and scale our business.
What we don’t put much thought on is when and how to best exit our business should the time come to sell it.
In this episode, I get to chat with Martin Vidakovic of The Numbers Game Podcast. With a passion to educate and empower people both personally and financially, Martin shares his tips and advice for business owners who are planning on exiting their business.
Even if it will be years or decades before you see yourself leaving your business, what you do today can set you up for a smooth exit.
- Martin’s journey (00:30)
- Making your business attractive to buyers (13:40)
- How to transition to selling your business (15:38)
- Transitioning to part-time work instead of completely selling (20:15)
- Business exit strategies and advice (23:40)
- Biggest pitfalls when exiting your business (27:50)
- Just because you have goals in your business, doesn’t mean you have to be the one to execute them.
- Time is the only commodity we don’t get more of.
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Lisa offers a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to find out if you are a good fit to work together.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
About Martin Vidakovic
Martin Vidakovic is the Sales Director at Innovayt Finance and co-host of the Numbers Game Podcast.
Martin’s passion and goals is to continuously enrich and empower people both personally and financially.