Create Your Bucket List
It’s the beginning of the year and most of us are very enthusiastic about setting our goals. This seems like an ordinary circumstance when we welcome the new year but not all of us have the passion and commitment to stick to our goals and make them a reality.
There are many reasons why we never achieve our objectives, but the main cause is we’re not clear on how we want to do it. We often write goals that are too broad and general, yet we fail to look at the specifics needed to fulfill them.
In this episode, I have a compelling conversation with Leanne about how a bucket list can help you to live a purpose-filled life. Leanne wears many hats, she is a Certified Bucket List Coach, podcast host, speaker, and author.
For Leanne, a bucket list is not always about being able to travel, facing challenges, or about the grand things. It’s a list that motivates you to wake up every single day and work on the small things.
In this day and age, it has become a normal phenomenon to worry about what tomorrow will bring. These worries steal from us the ability to enjoy and live our life now.
Leanne mentions that the beauty of having a bucket list, allows us to prioritize how we want to live our lives, enjoy the present, and know the things that will bring us closer to our purpose and happiness.
The first step to achieving what’s on our bucket list is doing one thing that will help you move toward your goal. You can perform small steps on a daily or weekly basis. Doing so makes your bucket list less overwhelming, and you develop the confidence that you can actually accomplish your goals.
Leanne executes her process of brain-dumping by getting all the big ideas and listing down the steps she needs to do. This strategy allows her to look at the big picture and the tiny details that she can either tweak and improve that will lead her to achieve her goal and true purpose.
- Leanne’s journey into being a bucket list coach (01:58)
- How does having a bucket list help us live a life with a purpose (05:55)
- The importance of knowing your life priorities (07:35)
- Reasons why you need to start small with your bucket list? (13:12)
- How does a bucket list help business owners become successful (14:40)
- Differences between a bucket list and a regular daily to-do list (16:03)
- Where do we often go wrong with our goal setting? (20:02)
- What is the best approach to setting goals? (21:35)
- The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
- THE BUCKET LIST GUY
- Lisa Evans interviewed on Ignite your Life Podcast
- Grab a copy of Leanne’s book BALANCE: Adventure School for Women at 40 here.
- Related episode: 045 – Find Your Purpose Without The Pressure With Andrew Millar
- “Adventure awaits!” – Leanne Blaney
- “Being human, we need that social interaction. If we get that interaction with people that we don’t know and use that to fill our curiosity that’s really good for our brain.” -Leanne Blaney
- “Until you get yourself into the habit of wanting to do more and more challenges, the best way is to start small. When you start small and local, you are more likely to do it.” -Leanne Blaney
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Lisa offers a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to find out if you are a good fit to work together.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
About Leanne Blaney
Leanne Blaney is a Certified Bucket List Coach, International Speaker, podcast host, author of the best-selling book, “Balance” and a Master Trainer in The Neuro Change Method™.
She understands the pressures of time, stress and guilt has on an individual. With this, it has become Leanne’s mission to inspire individuals to break out of conformity and start designing their own lives now.
Leanne is trained to change people’s perceptions and help them to live a Bucket List Life. She conducts workshops, retreats, one on one coaching, and group programs.
Through her nurturing solutions, participants can develop creativity, increase personal passion, highlight self-care and live a purposefully balanced life.