Critical Thinking for Leaders
We use critical thinking whenever we need to make a decision.
In this episode of the Business Chat Podcast, I chat with Bethan Winn, a critical thinking facilitator, and consultant.
Leaders are presented with day-to-day challenges that require them to make important decisions. By honing critical thinking skills, they become equipped with confidence and clarity to communicate, make good decisions and solve problems.
When leaders employ critical thinking, they see beyond their actions and evaluate whether their decisions can add value to the organisation. They also become aware of their biases and encourage a deeper engagement with their teams.
- Bethan’s entrepreneurial journey (02:00)
- What is critical thinking? (06:05)
- What prevents us from effective decision-making? (08:05)
- How do we prepare to come up with urgent decisions? (13:25)
- Advantages of working with a coach for valuable conversations (17:42)
- Additional tips to get better at critical thinking (21:17)
- Lost Connections: Why You’re Depressed and How to Find Hope
- Thinking in Bets: Making Smarter Decisions When You Don’t Have All the Facts
- The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever
- 049: Leadership Communication with Chris Huet
- “At the end of the day, people want the same kind of things; to be seen and valued.” -Bethan Winn
- “We do the best we can with what we’ve got.” -Bethan Winn
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Lisa offers a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to find out if you are a good fit to work together.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Book a complimentary mini coaching session with Lisa here.
Find out about decision dice and critical thinking cards here.
About Bethan Winn
Bethan Winn is a critical thinking facilitator and consultant based in Perth and working locally and internationally.
She values learning, fun, sustainability, and community and these values inform her work as well as her volunteer work with TEDxKingsPark, Town Teams, climate campaigns, and her intergenerational strata community.
Bethan offers various ways for clients, whether individuals or large corporations to work with her. Her courses, workshops, talks, or in-house sessions can help leaders and their teams become more confident and more purposeful.