From Expert to Authority
Expert and authority may seem similar, but as I discovered when chatting with Petra Zink, there is a key difference.
Petra is an author and founder of impaCCCt and The 360 Talent Co. She speaks about how experts and authorities help business owners with their problems.
The key difference between them is the level of trust they gain from clients. Experts know how to solve problems while an authority strives to generate deeper connections and commonalities through story-telling and analogies.
- Petra’s entrepreneurial journey (03:30)
- Her niche and vision for the business (06:15)
- The difference between an expert and an authority (11:52)
- How do we find our position in the industry? (15:35)
- The three Cs in Impaccct (19:08)
- How can we attract the right people for the business? (21:35)
- PSYCHO CYBERNETICS
- 032: The Trusted Way With Patrick Galvin
- The Trusted Way: A Story About Building a Life and Business of Character (The Way Series)
- 043:Top Tips on Trusting Leaders with Conor O’Malley
- Trust Begins and Ends with Self
- Brené Brown
- Rachel Botsman
- “I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.” -Charles Cooley
- “What you do today to build your brand determines your future.” -Petra Zink
- “If you can’t address the impact that you make based on what you know for others, nobody cares.” -Petra Zink
Connect With Lisa Evans
Your Host Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help with training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Lisa offers a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to find out if you are a good fit to work together.
Connect with me on Facebook and Instagram
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Book a complimentary mini coaching session with Lisa here.
About Petra Zink
Petra has made her mess her message and has specialised in working with smart professionals and experts to become the Go-To and be recognised for their message and impact that goes beyond their credentials. She is the founder of 2 businesses – impaCCCt and The360talent.co – both businesses are designed to future-proof individuals and businesses, and she does it by speaking, coaching, training and consulting. Petra most recently added the title ‘author’ to the mix and also contributes regularly to industry conferences, podcasts like your fabulous one, company events, and publications as a speaker or content contributor.