Building a Culture of Thriving as a Leader
In this episode of Soft Skills for Leaders, host Lisa Evans sits down with Arthur Carmazzi to discuss the importance of soft skills in building a thriving culture, highlighting key skills such as empathy, communication, and being concise, along with creating an inclusive and diverse workplace and understanding different processing types.
Arthur is not only a thought leader and a renowned speaker, but also the founder of Directive Communication Psychology and The Coloured Brain, two incredibly innovative approaches to understanding human behaviour and enhancing leadership skills.
[00:00:03] Arthur Caramazzi founder of Directive Communication Psychology and The Coloured Brain.
[00:05:34] Blaming people, realising it’s the environment, and ultimately saving the company.
[00:09:06] Different industries require different cultures for success. Key factors include a safe environment, trust and respect.
[00:11:51] A good culture values and empowers individuals.
[00:15:42] Personality is complex; cannot be simplified.
[00:20:23] Lack of communication and differing processes hinder productivity.
[00:23:46] Embrace diversity, respect others, and foster growth.
[00:28:30] Creating awareness and connection with language in workplace.
[00:33:05] Understand your coloured brain and perception gaps.
[00:38:26] Soft skills: empathy, communication, and being concise.
Building a thriving culture and creating an inclusive and diverse workplace and understanding different processing types.
- Arthur’s journey: From blaming others to developing models that saved the company money
- Roller coaster ride: From managing director to losing all his money.
- Blame game – the importance of understanding one’s processing style and ambiguity relief process.
- Leadership identity and skills in different areas of life.
- Knowing self and the culture for effective leadership.
- Clarity, understanding our Coloured Brain, and desired culture are foundational.
- Soft skills: awareness, communication, conciseness.
- Business mindset and culture – Importance of a safe environment, trust, and respect in a good culture.
- Connecting on a higher level and creating a thriving culture.
- Respecting diversity and authenticity.
- Understanding and respecting different perspectives.
- Building genuine connections and supporting emotional motivations.
Top Three Takeaways From This Episode
- Building a culture of thriving requires understanding and practising soft skills such as empathy, communication, and being concise. These skills are essential for creating a safe and inclusive environment where people can thrive and succeed.
- Understanding different processing types and learning how to effectively communicate and collaborate with people who have different perspectives is crucial. The Coloured Brain model can help teams understand each other better and improve relationships, promoting a culture of respect and understanding.
- Trust and respect are the foundations of a culture where people can thrive. Creating a diverse and authentic workplace environment where individuals can be their true selves and grow personally and professionally is key to building a culture of thriving.
Links to other Soft Skills for Leaders podcast episodes
Connect with Arthur Carmazzi
If we can ultimately help people to be who they think they should be and help them on a journey of who they want to become and create that within a diverse setting. And now what you’re doing is you’re creating a culture of diversity, but at the same time, The precedent is that you get to be you, and that is ultimately the criteria for basically, you know, achieving this higher level of thinking – Arthur Carmazzi
Connect With Lisa Evans
Lisa Evans is one of Australia’s leading Executive Public Speaking Coaches and Corporate Storytelling Trainers. If you would like help training your team in soft skills, public speaking and business storytelling, get in touch with Lisa. Book a complimentary 30-minute session to find out how I can help you share your message.
Book a complimentary mini-coaching session with Lisa here.
She has coached thousands of leaders across a range of industries, including resources, banking, finance, engineering, retail and sales as well as not-for-profit and community associations.
If you wish to take advantage of a complimentary session in order to chat about how you can become an exceptional and successful speaker with a stand-out brand, then use this link to book a time to chat. Download my e-book – How to Build Confidence and Overcome Nervousness.