How would your life and business change if you could speak in front of any number of people and sound as confident as you do when you share new ideas with your best friend?
If you are wondering ‘what does a public speaking coach do’, the short answer is that we are the ones who can make this dream-like scenario a reality for you.
Still, there is a lot more to it than that!
How solid public speaking skills can change your life and career
You have ideas that can make an impact on people’s lives. You know that. You feel it within.
But how will others understand that if you can’t finish a sentence without sweating or nervously reading out your notes? Worse, if you can’t even put yourself out there because your stage fright is holding you back?
When you master the skill of public speaking, you can:
- advance your career by showcasing both your professionalism and leadership skills
- make a tangible and memorable impact on your audience
- market yourself and/or your business effectively and boost your sales
- increase your reach and influence
- boost your confidence, feeling empowered when sharing insights with others
- create valuable social and professional connections.
So, what does a public speaking coach do?
A public speaking coach educates and guides you on speaking with power, poise, presence, and purpose so that you can face the stage confidently and make a difference when you do so.
But what does a public speaking coaching session look and feel like?
Essentially, we help you create and develop both your vocal and visual brand as well as your key message and overall stage presence.
Most importantly, we teach you how to use your public speaking and communication skills as a leader to effectively transform others while earning buy-in and engagement.
Finding the right public speaking coach for you
Let’s be honest: you can’t expect those results with everyone, and you do have to be willing to invest both time and money. A volunteer-led public speaking group may seem like a low cost option, but in reality you are not going to fast track or get to the level that is required for a leader.
Since there are many self-proclaimed coaches out there, be sure you invest your hard-earned money wisely.
Now that you know what public speaking coaches do, when you are looking for the right fit for you, find out how they’ve been offering their services:
- Are they qualified? Or are they simply calling themselves a coach? Look for recognised, ideally global credentials, accreditations, and certifications on their websites and marketing materials
- Who have they helped? Social proof and testimonials from previous clients are key. After all, anyone can write nice words about themselves. It’s when you read what someone who used to be in your same position has to say that you’ll actually know what to expect.
- Are they practising what they preach? Just like I doubt you would trust a chef trainer who doesn’t do any cooking, best not pick a public speaking coach who is never spotted behind a mic
Why invest in Lisa & Speaking Savvy
My name is Lisa Evans, and I am a public speaking coach for leaders who are ready to sound as smart as they are.
As a Certified World Class Speaking Coach with over ten years of experience, I have helped many stage-phobic professionals just like you advance their careers.
They are now perceived as the thought-leading experts they already were but struggled to come across as.
So, why me?
- Public speaking is a journey: I regularly invest in my own professional development to continue being a leading coach at the forefront of my niche
- After two decades of working as a midwife, I know a thing or two about professionalism and empathy
- I have gone through your exact same fears at the start of my career change. Learning to be comfortable with being uncomfortable is scary, but I am living proof that it pays off
- Mine is not a one-size-fits-all approach: we can work together via small group coaching sessions or through a 1:1 program, in person if you’re also based in Australia or online from anywhere else in the world
- Working with me is confidential. You may share information with me such as business development or highly guarded pitches, and this will never be shared by me. No one needs to know we are coaching together. In fact, the majority of my clients are senior executives who require this level of discretion.
To summarise, what does a public speaking coach do? I help you feel and be perceived as a confident leader, opening your career to a whole new world of opportunities.
Get one step closer to delivering your life-changing public speaking event by booking a complimentary 30-minute strategy call today.
About the author
Lisa Evans helps professionals to craft compelling business stories and become exceptional speakers. Lisa is a certified speaker coach, TEDx speaker coach, four times author, NLP practitioner, graphic recorder and visual storyteller, and improvisational actor.
She has coached thousands of leaders across a range of industries, including resources, banking, finance, engineering, retail and sales as well as not-for-profit and community associations.
If you wish to take advantage of a complimentary session in order to chat about how you can become an exceptional and successful speaker with a stand-out brand, then use this link to book a time to chat. Download my new E-book How to Build Confidence and Overcome Nervousness.
Here’s how I may help you
My services include:
Business Storytelling Coaching – together we can get started to create your suite of stories.
Executive Speaker Coaching – if you have an upcoming guest speaking opportunity, funding pitch, conference talk or you want to be an outstanding speaker, we can work together on your technique. You will see the results after one session.
Tailored Workshops – I can come to you, or we can host a workshop offsite for your team. From half-day to two-days immersive, this customised workshop is an ideal way to kick start your business storytelling strategy and get the whole team telling stories.
Keynote/Guest Speaking either in person or via virtual means at your next conference or event.